Wednesday, March 26, 2008

"My Perfect Mother" Mother's Day Contest Entry

I'd like to share one of the entries we received for the "My Perfect Mother" Mother's Day Contest from NKJ in Piscataway, New Jersey. It's a wonderful tribute to her Mom. Thanks for sharing with us why you think your Mother is the "Perfect Mother". Keep those entries coming everyone. Submit your entries to the "My Perfect Mother" Mother's Day Contest to Blog Submissions. And, for more information about this contest go to "My Perfect Mother" Mother's Day Contest.

NKJ's entry

I was blessed as a child to have a mom who knew how to have a lot of fun. I have precious memories of summers with my mom and I am so thankful each day that she took the time to cultivate a creative spirit within me. As a second-grade teacher who loved to teach through art, she knew how to combine learning and fun. At home, she didn't mind if we got dirty as we painted, role-played, and did arts and crafts projects. Honestly, we just loved imitating her. While my sisters and I played with our crayola crayons, mom painted away with her canvas and easel. Most of our fun activities didn't cost a lot of money mainly because our family didn't' have a lot of money. But that was OK because my mom knew how to plan great adventures for us. Whether it was staying home to paint the beautiful summer day outside or taking a trip to the museum to look at art, she inspired us to be passionate about the art of expression. Because of her, I'm a successful photographer who is passionate about capturing all of life's perfect and not-so-perfect moments. Just as she expressed herself through her painting, I learned to express myself through my own artwork and for that I am forever grateful. She made our family stronger through her presence and has helped me to make my family stronger because I strive to be like her every day. I hope to pass on that same creative spirit to my kids and I hope they always know that they didn't get from me, or from, their dad, but that the creative spirit within them was a special gift from their grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment