Sunday, February 25, 2007

Pursuing My Passion

Five years ago an Oprah show aired about finding and pursuing your passion. I was so moved by the guests and their stories that I was inspired to discover my own passion. Almost immediately I knew that I wanted to start a personal shopping service for gifts. I eagerly began jotting down ideas. However, after a couple of weeks I began to doubt my ability to start a business. I let my fear of failure discourage me from pursuing this passion.

Since then I've had numerous business ideas but never had the will nor motivation to follow through with any of my ideas. Every now and then I shared one of my business ideas with my sister. One day she simply said, "why don't you pick one idea and just do it." So at the end of 2006 I finally decided to "just do it." I realized it was time for me to pursue my passion and that's when That Perfect Something was born. That Perfect Something is a personal shopping service for gifts. My goal is to open for business in May 2007. In the meantime, I invite you to visit my blog and check in on my progress as I build my business. I'll share tips about gift buying, share my picks for great gifts, share some of my favorite websites, and simply share what's on my mind. I hope you enjoy reading my musings and take some time to share your thoughts with me.

"I have not ceased being fearful, but I have ceased to let fear control me. I have accepted fear as part of life specifically fear of change and fear of the unknown; and I have gone ahead despite the pounding in the heart that says, turn back, turn back, you'll die if you venture too far."
- Erica Jong

No comments:

Post a Comment