Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Lois Loves - Cook in Pink

I have a little confession. I LOVE the color pink. I think we could all use a touch of pink in our lives. Ok, ok, so pink isn't for everyone but I think you'll change your mind once you've seen these great pink kitchen appliances and tools. You can pick one or a combination of these products and create a themed gift. They are perfect for the fashionista chef or as housewarming gifts!

For almost a year now I've been obsessing about ice cream makers. Every time I think I'm ready to bite the bullet and purchase an ice cream maker a little voice reminds me that I don't have room for anymore kitchen appliances in my tiny New York City apartment. However, after "stumbling" onto the Cuisinart Pink Classic Frozen Yogurt - Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker, I think I'm gonna have to give in - I'll find the room for this appliance!!! The Cuisinart ice cream maker retails for $39.99 at www.surlatable.com.




An ice cream maker is a great gift but you've got to sweeten the package. The Zyliss ice cream scoop is the perfect accessory. (Zyliss ice cream scoop, $9.95 at www.surlatable.com.)


Every woman loves to feel like a real chef (well at least some of us do). What better way to feed her ego than to give her a personalized chef's apron. You can get a personalized or monogrammed apron for $34.00 at www.williamssonoma.com.




Another great personalized gift that's perfect for the baker in the family is Williams Sonoma's Personalized Silicone Spatulas. You can get a set of three spatulas for only $22.50.









Ok, so I own a handheld mixer, but I wish I had seen this cutie first. Got to www.amazon.com to purchase the KitchenAid 7-speed Ultra-Power Hand Mixer, $64.99. Its perfect for an aspiring baker with a tiny kitchen.

Graduates of tiny kitchens will definitely appreciate the KitchenAid Artisan 5qt Stand Mixer. You can purchase the KitchenAid Mixer from www.amazon.com, $299.99.



Tea time anyone? Brew water for a perfect pot of tea with this perfect pink kettle. (Le Creuset Pink Whistling Kettle, $60.00 at http://www.surlatable.com/)


If pink is still not your thing, maybe you'll be be inspired to know that purchasing a product from KitchenAid's pink product collection supports the Cook for the Cure program; a program created to support the Susan G. Komen Foundation and the fight against breast cancer. For more information visit, http://www.kitchenaid.com/content.jsp?sectionId=457.

2 comments:

  1. Some other sites that benefit breast cancer include: www.pinkribbonshop.com and www.thebreastcancersite.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimiko,

    Thanks for information about these websites. I encourage everyone to visit them.

    ReplyDelete