Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"My Perfect Mother" Mother's Day Contest Entry - Jamie's Hero

Jamie from Louisiana sent in a wonderful tribute to her Mother, Sheila. Jamie you are truly blessed.

"My Mom, My Hero"



16 years and 11 months ago, in a far away city of Lafayette, Louisiana, a golden light shined upon a new mother, Sheila Marie Cormier, as she had just given birth to a new born daughter. This daughter is I, Jamie Elizabeth Cormier, 16 years and 11 months later, to write about my wonderful mother. My mother respects all my decisions but the best one was when I was a 2 month pre-mature; I was ready to be born and she respected this choice of her life within her womb, and arranged to have a C-section to have me delivered early. I was born with a severe back disorder-Scoliosis-but my Mom didn't care- she still loved me because she is a sweet caring woman who wouldn't stop loving her child because of some exterior imperfection, all that mattered was the internal and the internal from what she could tell was perfect. My Mother is like a "super mom": she disciplines me when needed, she gives me presents and lots of love, takes me and my friends places, gives me advice and support, teaches me important life lessons and morals, gives to charities, and does everything with a smile on her face. She means the world to our family- without her, we would be lost. She is the brains behind the organization that is our family. She cooks our meals, she does the housework, she knows how we like everything, she is just a perfect housewife and Mother. She nurses us when we are ill, she told us bedtime stories when we were young, she scheduled all our doctor and dentist appointments, pays for our screwups: car wrecks, college tuition, High School Bill, etc". She is an active leader in the Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Church youth group. We have lots of fun times: we go on family outings, we go shopping and go to the movies, we go on family vacations, we use to do Girl Scouts, etc. Our family outings included: Avery Island tour, children museum, zoo,etc." Our Family Vacations included: Sea World, Disneyworld, Our trip to Sam Rabern, our trip to Tennessee,etc. Our Disneyworld trip was the best! Our last day at the park we won the Year of a Million Dreams castle night thing..this was my first trip to Disneyworld and my Mom was so happy that she could share this with me on my first trip to Disneyworld. When we go shopping it is usually good but sometimes I think I am ugly because of my back and I think I am a freak, but my Mom just consoles and comforts me, she never goes "Oh suck it up! that life. Quit whining". My Mother always gives me advice; I can go to her with any problem and she'll find a way to help me or make it better. She is not just my Mother- she is my best friend, My hero, and my life. I don't know what I'd do without her. She rocks my world. She deserves this because she has done more for me than words can express. When I hug her it's like the world stops and its just us and nothing else- no stress or problems-no longer matter. It brings that smile back to my face just to feel her warm embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment