Sunday, April 27, 2008

"My Perfect Mother" Mother's Day Contest Entry

Here is another great tribute from Katie to her Mom Laurane.






My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2003. Over the past five years, she has had nine surgeries, chemotherapy and radiation. During this time she was also in school to become a psychologist. She never gave up on her dreams to help people and be a role model for others. Over the past two years, her father was diagnosed with cancer, her brother passed away and my sister was in a serious car accident. Through all of those tragedies my mom supported our family. She taught us all what it means to have the hope, faith and courage to survive despite life's challenges. I also learned to appreciate my life and everything I have. She always told me that surviving means being able to appreciate all your have and life your life to the fullest. This is the portrait of a true survivor. I also learned the although her life did not turn out perfectly, in my heart she will always be the perfect mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment