Saturday, April 26, 2008

"My Perfect Mother" Mother's Day Contest is now closed

I'd like to thank everyone who sent in entries to our Mother's Day Contest. It was wonderful to read your stories about your Mothers. The mothers who were selected as winners will be announced on Sunday, May 11th. I'd like to share another entry that was sent to me yesterday from Laura Beaty.


This is a photo of my Mom Lillian Beaty and me Laura Beaty in Houston Texas. It was Christmas time and she had just gotten home from the hospital. We were very glad for her to be alive and well. She is wearing sunglasses because she is totally blind. She had been in a very serious car accident where the steering wheel hit her across both eyes. Up to that moment, she was a normal, sighted wife and mother of 4 kids. The transition was very difficult for our family. My mom is a excellent example of faith in action and to teach us to rely on one another and not let any obstacle get in your way. I am proud to introduce my Mom Lillian Beaty to the world.

Sincerely
Laura Beaty

1 comment:

  1. Wow! May Laura find strength in her higher being. That Perfect Something is truly a great site.

    ReplyDelete