Saturday, March 10, 2007

Lois Loves - Cleaning Services

So, I wake up this morning, take a look around my apartment, and groan. My apartment is in chaos. I know I'm going to have to spend a few hours this weekend cleaning and organizing my apartment. Its a constant struggle to keep my apartment tidy because of the long hours I work. I've toyed with the idea of hiring a cleaning service, but, I admit, I'm a bit hesitant to do so. I'm not quite sure where this hesitation comes from. I have no problem using other services which help make my life easier. I often use Fresh Direct, an online grocery store that delivers your groceries to your door, and Bubbleworks, a pick-up and drop-off laundry service. This morning, I decided to do a little research into cleaning services. I ran an Internet search for cleaning services in the NYC area. I found tons of cleaning services, and learned that some of these companies even offer gift certificates. What a great gift idea for busy professionals, new mothers, or older adults. You can search your local yellow pages for cleaning services in your area and call and see if these companies offer gift certificates, or, you can do your own Internet search. Here are a few cleaning services in the NYC area.

Zen Home Cleaning markets itself as a non-toxic, eco-friendly cleaning service. The company charges $35 an hour for first time customers, with a four hour minimum. The company's website doesn't mention gift certificates, but why not call them up and see if you can pre-pay for someone else to use their services. They offer House Cleaning, Spring Cleaning and Professional Organizing. 212-462-2566.

Makai NY serves all five boroughs. In addition to House Cleaning Services, they also offer several Special Services, including Construction Cleaning, Grocery Shopping and Cooking, and Party Set up and Clean up. Makai NY offers gift certificates in denominations of $60.00. 877-282-8050.

Miracle Maids also operates in all five boroughs. Their services include Residential Cleaning, Organizing Closets, Move in/Move out Cleaning, and Laundry and Ironing. 718-369-9000;212-543-1212.

No comments:

Post a Comment